Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Featherless Chickens
Research Being Conducted
The main reason for them to get rid of the feathers. Is because the chickens don't have to be kept in air conditioned rooms in warmer countries. This saves money.
The chickens may be unable to mate. This is because they cannot flap their wings.
The chickens are also more susceptible to parasites and mosquito attacks.
They are also prone to sunburns.
Faster and More energy efficient growth.
Better adaptions to hot climate.
People are very controversial over the topic.They vary from side to side.
Some people are fine with the featherless chickens saying " Its still chicken"
Some people like animal rights groups think it is inhumane to genetically change the chickens.
The main thing is it still taste like chicken.
They have used natural expression to express and repress certain genes.
The two alleles used to create them are the "naked neck" gene (NA) and the scaleless gene (Sc).
The scaleless gene is a recessive gene that stop feathers from developing
They express a combination of the 2.
Mechanics Of Engineering