Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Quadratic Functions in Architecture
Transcript of Quadratic Functions in Architecture
The arch of the Sydney Harbour Bridge in Sydney, Australia, can be modeled by y = 0.00211x² + 1.06x where 'x' is the distance (in metres) from the left pylons and 'y' is the height (in metres) of the arch above the water. For what distance 'x' is the arch above the road?
Step 1: Find Given
y = -0.00211x² + 1.06x
'x' => distance (m)
'y' => height (m)
maximum 'x' distance for arch
Step 2: Find Solutions
Maximum 'x' distance
Solutions: (0 , 0) and (502.37 , 0)
The arch is above the road for approx. 502.37m