Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Chemistry
- What is Chemistry?
- Elements, Compound
- Solution, Suspension, Mixtures
- Chemical Properties
- Chemical Separation Techniques
By Hugo, Minnie, Claire, Yong
- Most mixtures can be separated.
- The method to separate the mixtures depend on its kinds and what it made up of.
- These are the common techniques:
- Magnetic Separation is used to separate mixtures that contain magnetic and non- magnetic substances.
- In real life, this technique is normally used at garbage sites for scrap metal recovery.
Solution , Suspension, Mixtures
What is a solution?
A liquid mixture which the solute is dissolved in the solvent.
Others always think that chemistry is mixing strange liquid and stuff but actually it’s not chemistry at all. Chemistry is study of matter; properties, elements, compounds and etc. Every doctor, nurses and vegetarian must learn chemistry because our body and animals are matter that it’s one of the chemistry topics as well. So chemistry is very important to our live.
What is a suspension?
A mixture in which particles are spread throughout the liquid.
What is a mixture?
It is made up of 2 or more substances that mix together without chemical reactions such as orange juice, etc.
What is chemistry?
Lets watch a video!
- Filtration is a way to separate insoluble substance in a mixture from the liquid using a filter paper.
- In reality, the filtration method is used for purifying water.
- There are two types of distillation. Simple and fractional distillation.
- Simple distillation is a process of separating the liquid solvent from the dissolved solids in a liquid.
It can also be used to separate two mixture of liquid, to obtain one of the liquid from the mixture.
- There are two steps for this technique.
- In reality, this method is used for making alcohol to have flavors and tastes.
- Fractional distillation is used for separating the liquids in the mixture in different boiling points.
-The use of paper chromatography method is for separating a mixture that consist of two or more different colors.
-In reality, this method can be used for identifying colors and the existence of the pollutants in the water.
-Evaporation is a technique to separate the solid or residue from the solvent in a dissolved solution.
Chemical properties is a type of reaction that you can't know by only touching the elements, but you also have to do the experiments also to actually know that what is the property of it. For example the combustion of heat.
-Liquid can pass through the filter paper but the solid is called residue is left on it.
An element or chemical element is the simplest form of matter in that it cannot be further broken down using any chemical reaction. Elements are made up of smaller particles, but you can't take an atom of an element and perform any chemical reaction that will break it apart or join its subunits to make a bigger atom of elements.
Elements and Compounds
A compound is a molecule made of atom from different element. A compound is a pure substance made up of two or more elements that are chemically combined.
1.What is chemistry? (1 mark)
Chemistry is study of matter; properties, elements, compounds and etc.
2.Is muddy water a suspension? Why? (2 marks)
Yes. The mud in the water settle down at the bottom of the river.
3.How do we separate suspension into residue and filtrate? (1 mark)
4.In the video, What experiment are we doing?What it is for? (2 marks)
Paper chromatography. Paper chromatography method is for separating a mixture that consist of two or more different colors.
7) What is residue and filtrate? (2marks)
8)In reality, what does magnetic separation technique use for? (1mark)
Residue is the solid that is left behind on the filter paper.
Filtrate is the liquid that past through the filter paper.
It is used at garbage sites for scrap metal recovery.
5)What is an element? (1 mark)
An element is the simplest form of matter in that it cannot be further broken down using any chemical reaction.
6)What is a compound? (1 mark)
A compound is a molecule made of atom from different element.