Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Unit 15 The Electoral College & Unit 16 The Presidential Election
Transcript of Unit 15 The Electoral College & Unit 16 The Presidential Election
In order to change the Electoral College, there will need to be an amendment added to the Constitution.
Unit 16 Presidential Election
If a candidate gets the most popular (peoples) votes in the state, the "electors" will then cast their votes the same way.
- so ALL the electoral votes for the state will go to the winner of the state.
Unit 15 The Electoral College
Unit 16 The Presidential Election
They wrote a compromise into Article 2;
- setting up a system of electors to select the president.....Electoral College.
Each state would get as many "electors" as there were senators and representatives from that state.
- A vote of 270 or more from the electoral college would be necessary to select the president.
The Electoral College gives the states with a small population more of an equal weight in te presidential election.
- It allows a person to be selected president who has not won the popular vote in the country.
Political Party Symbols
Donkey = Democrat
Elephant = Republican
- Americans pick their presidents and vice presidents from the candidates presented by the Democratic and Republican parties.
- The months leading up to the election are used for campaigning and debating.
- The Democrats & Republicans will have potential candidates running.
- They will be working to win the nomination of the party to be the official candidate.