Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Gerbils
The cage, cleaning of the
cage, set-up of the
cage, and food.
Cleaning of the Cage
The cage should be cleaned at least once a week or at most once every two weeks.
Make sure they are in a secure place when you clean the cage.
Clean the cage with soap and water. (Make sure there is no soap smell remaining.)
Mix some old with the new so the gerbil knows its scent.
Food & Drink
food & drink supplies:
- wire cage
- the gerbil can't chew through it
- easy to clean
- makes it easier to see the gerbil
- not as fun
* For a glass a aquarium you will need a wire or mesh lid. So the gerbil can't jump out and Chase can't get in.
- can connect
cages and tubes
- bedding can spill out
- gerbil can escape
- gerbil can get stuck in bars
- easy to chew through
* make sure bars are
1/2 inch apart
- more prettier
- little ventilation
- easily chewed through
- smell more quickly
cost of cage:
Set-up of the cage
step 1- place wood shavings in cage
step 2- place hay in cage
step 3- place toys in cage
step 4- place food and water in cage
step 5- place gerbils in cage
* suggested hay is Timothy hay and suggested wood shavings are aspen
- food bowl
- water bottle
- something to hold
- possibly a small bowl for treats
-make sure the pellets have 16-20 percent protein
- give at most a handful of pellets a day
- treats can be seed, fruits, or vegetables
- monitor how many treats you give them
- make sure water is fresh daily
-make sure water supply is constant
glass gerbil aquarium
wire gerbil cage
plastic gerbil cage
* scientific name: gerbillinae
* gerbils are herd animals so its better to get 2
* gerbils love to dig!
* escape artists
*gerbils' typical life span is 3 to 4 years