Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Inferences and Conclusions
Transcript of Inferences and Conclusions
What inferences did you make with this video?
details from the text that help you figure out what the author means
= An INFERENCE!
The girl paced back and forth. She kept looking at her watch impatiently.
So, check this out...
What does it mean to make an inference?
prior knowledge (what you already know about life, a book, or an author)
It means to make an educated guess based on evidence.
You need to read "between the lines"
Be able to see the big picture
1. Have a reason for your choice.
2. Defend your choice with information in the passage.
3. Draw a conclusion
4. Learn to see what's important
5. Look beyond what you observe
"She said she was happy to go to the party but didn't seem concerned when it was cancelled."
Be a text detective!