Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
1920's Radio & Movies
Transcript of 1920's Radio & Movies
Images from Shutterstock.com Radio NOW - Current day radio covers a large area of topics such as music, sports, news, and many other forms of entertainment
- Radio advertisements became much shorter
- Radio shows now feature many different contests and games to keep listeners tuned in
- Since the 1920's radio has been incorporated into vehicles and is much smaller and more portable
-Radio now plays a key role in the military and is one of their main forms of communication Currently, there are many genres of movies as opposed to action, horror, and few other genres in the 1920s.
Technology we have now gives the ability to publicize movies and attract people to want to watch them when they are in the theaters.
Movies now days are in color, have lots of dialogue, sequels, music, etc.
You can watch movies illegally online from your laptop or ipad.
Netflix allows us to watch unlimited amounts of movies whenever we want to.
Movie theaters, depending on the size, can usually fit about 150-250 people.
Movies can be animated and 3D.
Live music is not played along with the film, instead a soundtrack is added to movies. Movies Now Movies Then - Most movies in the 1920's were silent with the piano and organ playing.
-In 1923 sound was brought to movies to enhance them.
Americans paid 10-75 cents per film slide in the theatre.
-By 1922 Every community in America had at least 100 seats in the theatre.
Average length of a movie in 1910: 3 reels approx 30 minutes
Average feature film budget in 1913: $13,000 - Radio during the 1920's was most popular, and widely spread throughout America
- The first radio stations was KDKA in Pittsburgh
- In 1922 there were three million americans that owned a radio, and could listen to 508 stations.
- By 1929 Radio was making 150 million a year, it was a booming industry
- Radio became a way to tie the nation together by informing Americans with live broadcasts events. Such as: updates on the stock market, Sporting events, weather cast, and political commentary.
- Crystal radios were popular because they were homemade, many new papers and magazines included instructions to make crystal radios. Radio Then 1920's V.S Present Day
Radio and Movies -