Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Epitaphs
Oh he was quite the knave (B)
He's staying out of trouble now (C)
A resting in his grave. (B) Most of these funny cemetery tombstone epitaphs came from graveyards in the old West, where it was often left to acquaintances or even strangers to choose the words on a tombstone, and where a sense of humor was a survivor tool. Here are some funny epitaphs from real tombstones: It was a Cough
That carried him Off.
It was a Coffin
They Carried him Off In. Stranger, tread
This ground with gravity.
Is filling his last cavity. Here lies Lester Moore.
From a forty-four.
No More. Here lays Butch.
We planted him raw.
He was quick on the trigger
But slow on the draw. Here lies the body
Of Margaret Bent
She kicked up her heels
And away she went. He got a fish-bone
In his throat
And then he sang
An angel note. Here lies the body
of John Round.
Lost at sea
and never found.