Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Welcome Back To School!
Transcript of Welcome Back To School!
Math Grading Policy
POWS/Problem Solving/Group work: 10%
(Notebook, Participation, etc): 5%
Welcome Back To School!
Goals for the Course
A little about my teaching experience….
- Elementary School
- High School
- Middle Scho
3. I am available before school, at brunch, at lunch, at TEAM and after school
to help students.
2. Positive Reinforcement
1. Class Rules:
- Respect yourself and others
- Be prepared for class
- Be honest to yourself and others
- When the bell rings, be ready to work
- Big Ideas Course 2 (BRB)
- Connected Math
- Supplemental Materials
1. Homework is assigned every class period. Most assignments have three level of problems.
Students need to complete two levels.
2. A quiz is given every Thursday.
3. Students keep all homework assignments until the end of each week. Students will turn in all homework from the previous week on Mondays.
4. Students should use their Math Notes and Classwork to assist them with homework.
How Can I Keep Informed About My Child's Work in Math?
- As a parent, you can easily check if your child is completing homework by looking at his/her homework assignment and stamping sheet.
- Also, the dates of all quizzes and tests are written on the homework stamp sheets.
- All tests must be signed by a parent, so be on the lookout for those (approximately once a month)
Can students retake tests and quizzes for a better grade or do extra credit?
-Students can do test corrections for tests below 80%.
(only ONE unit in PAA)
-Students must come in for an appointment to do test corrections with Mrs. Finato
How can I help my student prepare for tests or quizzes?
-Encourage your student to do as many practice problems as possible!
-Review the vocabulary words together
-Make a “practice” test for your student from previous quizzes or homework assignments
-Encourage your student to ask for help!
7th Grade Math Team
-All 7th grade math teachers meet weekly
-Create common assessments
-Create common learning targets
-Common grading practices
-Assign common big assignments
Learning Targets and Grading
-Students will be tested on learning targets on their quizzes and tests
-Students will be able to complete test corrections based on learning targets (less than 80%)
-Focus on skills not scores
Carol Dweck - Stanford University
Effort makes you smarter
By encouraging students to take on challenges, they will increase their abilities and achievement
Daily Homework Assignments
I look forward to a great year
of studying math!
Thursdays in N4 from 3:10-4:30
Starts Sept 14th
We are looking for parent
helpers! Please email me at
firstname.lastname@example.org if you
Thank you PTA and PIE!