Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Welcome Back To School!
Transcript of Welcome Back To School!
Math Grading Policy
POWS/Problem Solving/Group work: 15%
(Notebook, Participation, etc): 10%
Welcome Back To School!
Goals for the Course
A little about my teaching experience….
- Elementary School
- High School
- Middle Scho
3. I am available before school, at brunch, at lunch, at TEAM and after school
to help students.
2. Positive Reinforcement
1. Class Rules:
- Respect yourself and others
- Be prepared for class
- Be honest to yourself and others
- When the bell rings, be ready to work
This is the first year in a two-year accelerated course.
Students will cover all of 7th grade Common Core standards, with the addition of some Standards for 8th grade, allowing students to cover 3 years of material in 2 years (7th and 8th grade).
These additions from 8th grade include
- Having students develop the concept of a function and use functions to describe quantitative relationships
- Analyze two- and three-dimensional space and figures using distance, angles, similarity and congruence.
- Understand function and use functions to describe quantitative relationships.
- Learn and apply the Pythagorean Theorem.
- HOLT Mathematics: Course 2 (BGB)
- Connected Math
- Common Core Pilot
1. Homework is assigned every class period.
2. A quiz is given every Friday
(Thursday for 3rd Period)
3. Students keep all homework assignments until the end of each week. Students will take a HW quiz every Monday to assess their completion and correction of HW.
4. Students should use their Math Notes and Classwork to assist them with homework.
5. Chromebooks will be used to help differentiate material.
How Can I Keep Informed About My Child's Work in Math?
- As a parent, you can easily check if your child is completing homework by looking at his/her homework assignment and stamping sheet.
- Also, the dates of all quizzes and tests are written on the homework stamp sheets.
- All tests must be signed by a parent, so be on the lookout for those (approximately once a month)
Can students retake tests and quizzes for a better grade or do extra credit?
-Students can do test corrections for tests below 80%.
(only ONE unit in PAA)
-Students must come in for an appointment to do test corrections with Mrs. Finato
How can I help my student prepare for tests or quizzes?
-Encourage your student to do as many practice problems as possible!
-Review the vocabulary words together
-Make a “practice” test for your student from previous quizzes or homework assignments
-Encourage your student to ask for help!
7th Grade Math Team
-All 7th grade math teachers meet weekly
-Create common assessments
-Create common learning targets and calendars
What should my child do if he/she is absent?
-It is the student’s responsibility to see me immediately upon returning to school after an absence to schedule a time to make up missed tests or quizzes.
-If the student is going to be absent and knows about it ahead of time, a parent or the student should request the work before the absence.
-Use Calendar and Stampsheets!
What does an average day
in Math look like?
New Material/ Notes
Teacher Guided Practice/Activity
I look forward to a great year
of studying math!
We are looking for parent
helpers! Please email me at
email@example.com if you
Thank you PTA and PIE!