Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Igneous Rocks
Igneous rocks form when magma cools and crystallizes.Igneous rocks can be formed above and underground.Above ground, volcanoes erupt and once the lava has cooled it becomes an igneous rock.Underground,magma get trapped into little pockets,the magma cools slowly and becomes an igneous rock.
Types of Igneous Rocks
There are two types of igneous rocks:extrusive and intrusive.
Extrusive igneous rocks are formed at the crust's surface as a result of the partial melting of rocks within the mantle and crust. Extrusive igneous rocks cool and solidify quicker than intrusive igneous rocks . Extrusive rocks have larger crystals than the intrusive igneous rocks.
Intrusive igneous rocks are formed from magma that cools and solidifes within the crust of a planet. Intrusive igneous rocks cool much slower than extrusive rocks. Intrusive rocks have smaller crytals than extrusive rocks.
Types of igneous rock
Ten most common types of igneous rocks are:
There are lots of uses for the igneous rocks such as:
*Basalt-asphalt pavement,floor tiles
*Gabbro-kitchen counter tops