Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Girls On The Run
Transcript of Girls On The Run
To inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun,
experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Recognize our power and responsibility
Become intentional in our decision making
Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
Stand up for ourselves and others
GOTR and YOU
Being a part of GOTR Can be rewarding for both you and the girls you coach.
What is girls on the run?
Coaching for GOTR
How to start a site
How to Volunteer
1. Getting to know each other
2. Plugging into the girls on the run cord
3. Choosing to be a girl on the run
4. Positive self talk and why I use it
5. Fueling our healthy pace
6. Being emotional is healthy
7. Celebrating gratitude
8. Valuing what's really important
Part 2: Connectedness
9. Standing up to peer pressure
10. Gossiping hurts everyone
11. Beware of bullies
12. It's okay to choose our friends
13. Practicing our 5K!
Selecting healthy relationships and keeping them healthy
Self care, Self awareness, Knowing self
Part 3: Empowerment
14. Tuning into a new message
15. Learning about community
16. Designing our community impact project
17. Implementing our community impact project
18. The finishing touches
19. Final celebration
Celebrating and Sharing our Strengths
How to start a site
How to volunteer
12 Weeks, 24 lessons
What Is GOTR?
"Healthy, Confident girls who can!"
The Whatcom Family YMCA is an association of individuals with shared values which enhance the community with programs for the spirit, mind and body.
GOTR and the Community
“ I have learned from the program that giving to your community doesn’t just make others feel good, but it gives you the satisfaction of helping someone.”
Being active is fun
Design and perform community service.
"As a mom with two daughters that i want to raise to be fully empowered, i find this type of program priceless."
"Thank you so much for this program.
It's making a difference in my daughter's life!"
“It was so great to see some of the girls that tend to drift in the background at school really come out of their shell and beam with the pride of being part of the group.”
“I really loved participating in GOTR, because now I have not only become a healthier girl, but I have learned how to deal with bullying and peer pressure. This especially comes in handy now that I’ve started middle school.”
I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this program!
"GOTR is a great opportunity for both the coaches and girls to become strong leaders in our community. Coaching a team brings in an eye opening perspective which will always be remembered."