Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
THE GORDIAN KNOT
Transcript of THE GORDIAN KNOT
- After the "solving" the knot happened, the term "slicing through the Gordian Knot" came into play. (Meaning solving a complicated problem through bold action.)
- Alexander tried to solve it (like you were supposed to,) but got frusterated and sliced threw the knot. I guess we can call him "knot" smart. (I dont
TELL ME MORE!
IN A CITY A COUPLE HOURS AWAY FROM (ASSUMING YOUR TAKING A PLANE LIES THE... GORDIAN KNOT?
THE GORDIAN KNOT
------WHAT IS IT????------
The Gordian Knot is a knot with the ends tightly tied into the center of the knot ball. No ends of the Knot are exposed. The man who made the knot dedicted the knot to the Gods (mostly Zues) who helped him be king. He tied his ox cart to a pole with this knot.
The Gordian Knot is loacted in the city Gordium which is loacted in Turkey.
------Uhhhh, well, what about it?------
Legend has it anyone who came to solve the puzzle would be ruler of the Earth!
------I WANT TO BE RULER OF THE EARTH!-------
Well its a little to late for that... In 333 B.C., a 23 year old named Alexander took a different approach to this tricky knot... He took his sword and sliced right through the cornel-bark ropes.
Later that night a storm pounded on the city of Gordium. Towns people believe
Zues was pleased with the way Alexander approached the knot. (The Irony)
In my opinion I think that Alexander cheated! I believe the task was to use what ever is up in the knoggin and solve the puzzle! Alexander just put his sword through the rope and took over the world.... LAAAAAMMMEEE. But thats only my opinion.
THANK YOU FOR WATCHING.