Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is NSBE?
Transcript of What is NSBE?
Pre-Collegiate Initiative (PCI)
Solar Panel Exploration
Y.E.S. Program @ STL Science Center
IEEE Robotics MADD
Grace Church Tutoring
National society of black engineers
Saint Louis University NSBE Chapter at Parks College...
African Americans in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (
Parks College awareness
The Jesuit Mission requires of students
to be men and women with and for others.
Improve study productivity and skills in collaborative or individualize settings.
Establishing a community
Increasing Grade Point Average
Seek higher education
University of Michigan Graduate Program
What is NSBE?
Establish Industry mentors
ABNA Job Shadowing
Sharpen Professional & Development etiquette
Graduate School Booth
National Society of Black Engineers
Network of Black Engineers
Purdue University, 1975
About 30,000 national members
: To increase the number of culturally responsible black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community
No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in any NSBE program or activity available on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, creed, political belief, age, national origin, linguistic and language difference, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, height, weight, marital or familial status, or disability.
Because we live in a global community, employers admire potential hires that possess the inept skills and ability to communicate and collaborate in the midst of diversity.
Serving and assisting the marginalized populations of SLU with professional development and tools for success, is closely align with NSBE's objective.
2014 National Convention
2013 NSBE Scholarship Reception
St. Louis Gateway Alumni Chapter
Amanda Cox ,Ph.D,
Civil Eng Department Professor
St. Louis Metropolitan Sewer Distribution
Dr. Terrence Freeman
Engineering Science Professor at St. Louis Community College of Florrisant Valley
Civil Engineering at ABNA Corporation
Keon Gilbert DrPH, MA, MPA
Assistant Professor for Behavioral Science & Health Education
Are you smarter than an Engineer?
NSBE Field Day
• Saint Louis University Chapter is Nationally recognize as active with 20 confirmed members
• Held bi-weekly general assembly meetings
• Hope to enroll more students of color pursuing STEM majors, particularly in Parks College, at Saint Louis University by working with recruitment and marketing team.
Director of Pre-Collegiate & Access
Executive Board of 2014-2015