Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Practice 4. CLIL
Transcript of Practice 4. CLIL
A new methodological approach
Thanks for your attention
Applying CLIL to a science lesson
Practice 4. CLIL
Teaching of both content and language.
Positive effects demonstrated:
Better cognitive processes.
Natural context for language development
The 4Cs Framework
Aspects to take into account when planning CLIL lessons
Teaching should be learner-centred.
Language develops in social interactions and its use in practice.
Active role of students in classroom activities.
Co-operative learning should be introduced.
Co-operation of foreign language teachers with subject teachers
Developing learner autonomy.
Variety of teaching techniques with a variety of materials.
Learning should always be context-based, placed in natural contexts.
Developing different language skills
Well-balanced approach to teaching content and language.
Spanish students. Second year of Primary Education.
Fifteen students in the class.
Science classes: 3 hours per week.
Native teachers: role of science teacher and foreign language teacher.
• Materials: metal, wood, paper, glass, cotton, wool, clay.
• Able to float / sink.
• Carry out simple observations about materials and heat.
• Record observations in simple form.
• Make predictions about the results of experiments.
• Show interest in carrying out experiments.
e.g What is made of glass? A window is made of glass.
Experiment 1: (20 min) Does it float?
Experiment 2: (20 min)
Which materials keep things warmest?
Listen to the song again + revise
García Calvo, Ana Mª
Martin Franco, María