Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Aleuts
Originally Called themselves Unangan (we the people) Lives and Beliefs Hereditary Classes: Noble, commoners, slaves
Ranking reflected living conditions
Creator God, Agugux
"East" and "The Above" Sacred Places
Mummification in death Unangan Shaman Jobs and Ecconomy Fishing and Hunting
Division of Labor
Tools made of Bone, Grass, and Wood
Lived in Barbaras
Used Baidarkas Unangan (Aleutian) Hunter Marriage and Kinship Most likely exogamous
House passed down to eldest daughter
Families lived together
Inheritance through death (Aleut Family Photo) Russian Influence First influence in 1700's
Brought Metal Harpoons and Russian Orthodox church.
Some families started
Trading furs and Ivory (St. Peter the Aleut) World War II Japanese Invasion
Bombing of Dutch Harbor
Occupation of Attu, Kiska, and Agattu islands
Counterattack by U.S. in 1943 (Downed Japanese Plane in the Aleutian)