Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Mag Lev Trains
Transcript of Mag Lev Trains
The Guideway repeals the magnets under the undercarriage
of the train from 1-10cm off the track.
The Coils in the guidewalls have an electric current that creates
an magnetic field that propels the train.
The Coils polarity alternates to cause the coils in front of the train
to pull the train forward, while the coils behind the train repel it forward.
Guideway Frictionless Motion
Since these trains are being levitated, it essentially rides on air, eliminating
Due to the lack of friction the Maglev Trains are capable of reaching speeds more than 310mph.
The fastest regular trains can only reach speeds up to 150mph, nearly half the speed
of the Maglev Train.
Electromagnetic Suspension (EMS) system
This system used in Germany, is a slightly modified version of the original version.
In this version, the Maglev Train overlaps over the track, securing it to the guideway more effectively.
Germany calls their Maglev Train system the Transrapid, they have reached speeds of 330mph with people on board. http://news.discovery.com/videos/tech-maglev-trains.html