Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of language access
being bilingual its not enough
(ice breaker) equipment
What Title VI requires.
Language services offered.
How to access the services to increase participation.
What you will learn:
IMPROVING LANGUAGE ACCESS AND PARTICIPATION
SO LEP's CAN BENEFIT FROM MEANINGFUL AND EQUAL ACCESS TO
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES.
PCJCC IS REQUIRED TO DEVELOP A LANGUAGE ACCESS PLAN
ACCORDING TO TITLE VI AND
ARIZONA ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 201196
PCJCC's Language Access Plan
What is LIO?
To serve the language needs of LEP clients of the court by providing professional, timely and appropriate language access services free of charge.
The interpreter's Code of Ethics
The process of transferring written communication from a source language into a target language.
It requires the speaker to
for the interpretation to take place.
The interpreter speaks a couple of seconds after actual output, speaking ALMOST at the same time.
Types of Events
Do's & Don'ts
no matter what language...
• Juvenile Bench
• Court Administration
• Child and Family Services
• Court and Calendar Services
• Training and Education
• Human Resources & Facilities
15 minute courtesy calls
PO's field visits
Don't short change LEP clients
How to access the services