Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of STUDENT SUCCESS
NEED TO SUCCEED!!!
Don't just survive...THRIVE!
WHO ARE YOU?
Connect with me and your peers.
Find out what you have in common!
1. Make a connection and comment on
at least 3 peer blog posts.
There are many things that we ALL
have in common this semester...
1. We ALL are BUSY this semester.
2. We ALL want to SUCCEED this semester.
3. We ALL will need HELP this semester.
A SUCCESS STORY!
STEP 2 TOWARDS SUCCESS:
Create a plan!
First, read the article "10 Ways to Whip the Freshman Composition Requirement."
Then respond to the following questions:
1. What piece of advice truly resonates with you? In other words, which one of these did you really need to hear?
2. Which piece of advice will you struggle with the most? Why?
3. Which piece of advice do you already do naturally and therefore could easily recommend to someone else?
4. What are a couple of specific ways that we can hold each other accountable in a respectful, academic manner in order to make sure we're taking all of this advice seriously.
How to succeed this semester.
Get to know your instructors and your peers.
First: Log in to Blackboard
Second: Go into our course
Third: Respond to the Blog: "Who Are You???"
We all must balance competing demands, so...
1. MAKE A PLAN
3. FOLLOW THROUGH
Our success depends on our actions, so...
1. BE PRO-ACTIVE
2. COME TO CLASS
3. COMPLETE YOUR WORK
Seek out your instructors whenever you have a question or concern, so...
1. KNOW THEIR NAMES
2. KNOW WHERE TO FIND THEM
3. KNOW THAT YOU CAN CONTACT THEM
WRITE YOUR PLAN!!!
Begin, by reflecting on this past year...
How would you describe your brand?
What do you consider important in your life?
Now, write your goals for this upcoming year and specify the
strategies that will enable you to execute your plan for success!
Other things to KNOW this week...
1. GET YOUR STUDENT ID!
2. GET YOUR PARKING PASS
3. LEARN ALL OF YOUR INSTRUCTORS' NAMES
4. LEARN ALL OF THEIR OFFICE LOCATIONS
5. TOUR THE ENTIRE CAMPUS