Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Collecting Like Terms
Transcript of Collecting Like Terms
TERMS Anna would like 1 hotdog and 1 can of Coke
Benny would like 2 hot dogs and 1 can of Coke
Charlie would like 1 burger and 1 can of Coke Ordering in a Cafe... Anna Benny Charlie 3 hotdogs 3 cans of Coke 1 burger To make it easier you could say: To make it even easier you could say: 3 h 3 c 1 b This could also be written as: 3 h + 3 c + b ALGEBRA
EXPLAINED! How could you write these easily? 1. 2. 3. Check your answers... 1. 2. 3. 3 a + 2 b 3 o + 3 s s + b + 2 a + o Can you simplify these? 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. a + a + b + c d + d + 2e 2f + 2f + 2g + 3g 2h + 2h - h - h i + i + i + i + i - i - i + k + k + k - k Did you get them right? 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 2a + b + c 2d + 2e 4f + 5g 2h 3i + 2k Substitution Remember:
a + a = 2a
5a - 2a = 3a