Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
12 The Battle of Maldon Presentation
Transcript of 12 The Battle of Maldon Presentation
Reigned as King of England: 971-1016 AD
Formed and led Anglo-Saxon army
Anglo-Saxon lord under King Aethlered
Led Vikings into combat
Conducted raids at Folkeston, Sandwich, and Ipswich prior to Maldon
Crossing of the Causeway - Brygg
deception - one on one combat
Brithnoth is killed
Victory or utter Failure?
Consequences to Defeat
"The Battle of Maldon"
One of the most famous pieces of Old English literature
Fire of 1731
Destroyed the original copy of "The Battle of Maldon" along with other pieces in Sir Robert Bruce Cotton's collection
Loss of beginning and ending verses
Honor vs. Shame
"The Battle of Maldon", Today