Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Marriage Customs of Elizebethan England
Transcript of Marriage Customs of Elizebethan England
you either chose who you married...
people chose for you. Will they have a successful marriage??
a disastrous marraige?? It was difficult to divorce, would these people end up having an uphappy life?? Women Independant women feared marriage every woman was expected to get married sometime in their life...or else women were expected to depend on the men in the family. Women were thought of as property of their husbands It was normal and okay to marry very young. Sometimes as young as... 12 14 Wealthy and noble families would often arrange marraige.
It was often for political alliance between landowners etc. Wedding 1. Consent
2. Exchange of tokens (rings)
3. Consimation It was routine to have morning weddings due to superstitions A marriage contract is signed which includes...
settlement of cash
property by the husbands family Colour white was not used then, any other fashionable colour was accepted If someone wanted to marry, they had to announce it three church. To make a wedding legal, people had to annouce the banns. A minister ALWAYS conducted a wedding Most important role of a wedding to wealthy, noble families...
the signing of the contract Bibleography http://www.elizabethan.org/compendium/10.html http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/elizabethan-wedding-dress.htm