Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Angel's Visual Resume
Transcript of Angel's Visual Resume
MT. HOOD COMMUNITY COLLEGE 2011 Associate of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering
Vice President's Honor Roll (2009-10)
Member: Phi Theta Kappa 2008-11
PORTLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE, GED, Top 3%, With Honors, Spring 2007
To work in an professional environment which utilizes my technical abilities and skills to realize the goals of the organization. My aspirations include a career that would provide me challenging opportunities in production and project management.
Supervision & Human Relations
Operations & Maintenance
Research & Planning
Fast learner and able to work under minimal supervision.
Able to coordinate and communicate well with coworkers and clients.
Dedicated to problem solving & increasing efficiency.
* Supervision of production crew
* Problem solving for equipment design
* Building jigs and developing processes
* Resource management and efficiency
* Coordinating operations between
departments, incl. report presentations
* Shipping and packaging
* Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
* Basic understanding of fluid dynamics,
chemistry, electronics and HVAC
* Broad knowledge base in efficient
building design and operation
* Classes in Solidworks, AutoCAD,
"Logic will take you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
Operations & Maintenance
: innate grasp of machine function and operation, prototype development, and computer software / hardware including AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
~Designed several key components for the Daimler labs fiberglass flex fatigue tester.
Research & Planning:
identifying problems, creating ideas, gathering information, performing analysis, imagining alternatives, identifying resources, solving problems.
~Designed and installed numerous custom upgrades for several environmental testing chambers.
initiating new ideas, practical application of ideas, handling details, coordinating tasks, promoting change.
~Regularly produced reports in PowerPoint including pictures, graphs, data tables, and recommendations based on experimental observations.
~ Managed the frequently changing priorities of several dozen projects simultaneously, based on input from supervisor and co-workers.
networking (inter-agency/departmental communication and cooperation), listening, delegating with respect, cooperating, providing support, sharing credit, working as part of a team.
~ Actively sought feedback from professionals at all levels to improve performance.
~ Provided supporting expertise to expedite co-worker's projects.
Intel Corporation, Portland, Oregon
1/15 to 3/16
Hardware Test Technician
Daimler Trucks NA Product Validation Dept., Portland, Oregon 10/11 to 4/13
Validation Lab Technician
Performed environmental and mechanical coating tests on various truck components.
- Operated, maintained, repaired, calibrated, and updated specialized test equipment (mostly environmental chambers)
Electrical circuit troubleshooting.
- Documented test results, provided updates regarding project status, and prepared formal test reports.
- Ordered and tracked test parts and supporting materials.
- Interpreted and understood product regulations and compliance requirements of: Society of Automotive Engineering (SAE), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), American Society of Test Methods (ASTM), Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) as well as Freightliner specific test procedures.
- Provided creative and technically-feasible solutions for development and benchmark tests not covered by standard procedures.
- Fabricated fixtures and equipment necessary to hold components during corrosion testing. This required use of machine tools (drill press, milling machine, metal shear, band saw).
- Designed and manufactured electromechanical fixtures required for various test activities.
- Configured hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical hardware as required for testing. Used basic circuits knowledge to create unique test control devices.
- Interfaced with Engineering personnel to determine the most effective test procedure and data needed to properly evaluate new and current production products.
Most Recent Work Experience
Supervise 18 employees in the production, packaging and shipping of teeth whitening and other dental products. Maintain operational equipment, and redesign same equipment to overcome engineering issues. Work on specifications for new equipment purchases, and recommend process improvements. Track production times, maintaining records in Excel. Resolve interpersonal conflicts between employees, problem solving for operational efficiency. Conduct safety meetings.
Improvements made for increased production efficiency:
Undertaken long-term campaign to improve the perception of the Production Department by upper management and increase employee morale. Had meetings with various upper management personnel to discuss achievements and valuable contributions of my production staff, made recommendations for promotions and increases in salary, defined and reinforced proper chain of command within the company, and established a program of incentives (including bonuses) to increase morale and reduce turnover of staff.
Redesigned main drive shaft of 20 liter mixer
Reconditioned the case-taper machine
Re-engineered and developed operating procedure for rotary filling machine
Made numerous improvements and repairs to severely abused labeling machine
Worked closely with machine operators to establish best-practices for the safe and effective production of merchandise.
Beaming White, Vancouver, Washington 10/16 to
For more information, see: