Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Populations
Population density is the number of individuals per unit of area.
Three factors that can affect population size
Number of births
Number of deaths
Number of individuals that enter or leave the population
mmigration = the movement of individuals
nto an area
Emigration = the movement of individuals out of an area
Exponential Growth occurs when the individuals in a population reproduce at a constant rate. (Ideal conditions) (J shaped curve)
Logistic Growth occurs when the individuals in a population's growth slows or stops following a period of exponential growth.
(S shaped curve)
Why is there a stationary phase?
When a population stops growing, it has reached its carrying capacity.
is this population's
. It is the number that represents the largest number of individuals that its environment can support.
J shaped curve
S shaped curve