Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ecology and the environment
Transcript of Ecology and the environment
Structure of an Ecosystem
Definition of Ecology
Ecology is the study of the interactions between organisms and their environments
why only about 10% of energy is transferred from one trophic level to the next?
Food web: connection between different food chains
The more complicated, the more sable
What happen if we kill all the grasshoppers?
Every organism in here represents a trophic level
What is more efficient for humans, to eat plants or to eat animals?
In the ocean we can find the more complex food webs
Quantitative information about an ecosystem
Physical and Chemical
Tolerance range curve
Joined by asexual reproduction
Cycle of Matter
Flow of energy in ecosystems
Increase of biomass per unit of time
Relationship between NP and biomass of a Trophic level.