Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
S8P2c. Compare and Contrast different forms of energy.
Transcript of S8P2c. Compare and Contrast different forms of energy.
Law Conservation of Energy
Mechanical energy is in moving bodies and transfer of energy. (Mechanical energy = potential energy + kinetic energy)
"Your body converts chemical energy in the food you eat to mechanical energy you need to move your muscles
Sound is the movement of energy through substances by vibrating matter in longitudinal waves.
( ex. Guitar or a microphone)
Law Conservation of Energy (S8P2a.)
According to the Law of Conservation of Energy, energy cannot be created or destroyed. Energy always comes from somewhere and goes somewhere.
Energy can be changed from one form to another.
Ex. Battery (stored chemical energy) converts to light energy in a flashlight.
Energy Appears in different forms...
Heat energy is in the wild or random motion of molecules (form of thermal) between two objects with different temperatures. (Ex. Steaming water or space heater)