Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Maya Angelou
By: Ally Storts
Maya was born April 4th, 1928 in St. Louis, Missouri.
When she was little, Maya had to move back and forth from her moms to her grandmas. It was a tough challenge Maya had to face.
At age 8, Maya couldn't talk to anyone for 5 years except for her brother because a very bad thing happened. Maya overcame many things to become successful.
Being the 2nd poet to read at a presidential irrigation,
Maya was the 2nd poet in the world to read at a presidential inaugeratoin!
As years passed, Maya had a baby boy and named him ...?
When Maya was a teenager, she felt like she was in jail because she didn't have the same oppertunities as others.
Maya has published 7 autobiogriphes, 5 books of essays, and sevral books of poetry.
As you can see, Maya had a big impact on the world.
Maya was a great poet and person!
Maya loved to read!
Maya was a black, so she wasn't allowed to do things whites could do, like go to the same schools as whites.
Thanks for watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!