Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Future tenses
Will, expresses a future fact
It's a neutral use, the speaker predicts future without expressing an intention, plan or personal judgment.
have class on Thursday
Will also expresses an offer
We will help you to clean up the mess
am going to travel
are going to have
dinner on Saturday
m going to study
a PHD in applied linguistics
going to get
To express intentions, plans, ideas, decisions or any thoughts you have about
Express a future decision made
at the moment
I will eat an ice cream as soon as the class is over
Present continuous with the verbs go and come
I'm going home next weekend
We are going anywhere there
I'm coming late for dinner tomorrow night, I've got too much work to do
My parents are coming to visit us this weekend
I'm playing tennis this afternoon
My mom is working tomorrow
Edward is visiting his relatives in Toronto next Weekend
We are receiving our new car on Friday
- It expresses a future decision, intention or plan made before the moment of speaking
- It expresses something we can see or think or feel now and it is certain to happen in the future.
W I L L
- It expresses a future decision made at the moment of speaking
-I t expresses a future fact in a neutral use; the speaker predicts the future without expressing and intention, plan or personal judgement
- It also expresses an offer
- It expresses promises
- It expresses a plan future arrangement.
- I expresses future plans and arrangements with verbs go and come
Come on, I'll give u a lift
is going to be