Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ethnic groups in the Philippines
Transcript of Ethnic groups in the Philippines
Islands in Visayas, Sulu Archipelago, Zamboanga Peninsula
1. Recently involved in the fight between the land of Sabah
2. Involved in many warfare, violence
3. Military-centered, traditions are seldom practiced
Ethnic Communities of
province in Cordillera Administrative Region
agricultural terracing and farming as sources of livelihood.
Social status is measured by material possessions.
Houses are well built - characterized by square with wooden floors, windowless walls, and pyramidal thatch roofs
Expert fishermen, deep sea divers, and navigators - livelihood
A leader is chosen based on individual inherent virtues, wisdom, and “charisma”...an innate ability to attract followers
1. Banaue rice terraces - no longer part of the UNESCO's 10 wonders of the world
2. Hungduan -7 out of 10 farmers cannot afford to maintain the terraces
3. The Ifugao farmers want the military out of their villages
1. Constant change from one place to another - marginalized community
2. No access to social services
3. Needs are determined on a day-to-day basis
Experienced sailors known for their colorful boats or vintas
Superb warriors and craftsmen
Sultan as the sole sovereign of the Sultanate - patrilineal system