Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of World History 1.08 DBA Replacement Assignment
Transcript of Copy of World History 1.08 DBA Replacement Assignment
2. What are the causes, effects, and extent of Islamic military expansion through Central Asia, North Africa, and the Iberian Peninsula?
4. List the achievements, contributions, and key figures associated with the Islamic Golden Age.
5. Explain the impact of the collapse of the Western Roman Empire on Europe.
Classical works found in Byzantine monasteries during the 1300s contributed to the development of the European Renaissance. During the Renaissance, many European nations copied the Justinian Code. It remains part of many legal systems in Europe today.
6. Describe the extent of the Byzantine territory at the height of its power.
7. Who are the key figures associated with the Byzantine Empire?
Key Figures associated with the Byzantine Empire are Constantine, Justinian I, Theodora, and Belisarius.
Al-Ma'mun founded the house of wisdom. It held many important pieces of literature in arabic, many people came from afar to see its books. When the the invention of paper was made there was a form of credit like modern day checks. The Islamic Golden Age contributed art, science and architecture. In art there was contributed an ornamental design with flowing lines, geometric designs and pottery delicately designed with gold and silver was treasured. Al-Zahrawri made an anatomy text and translated it into Latin. Avicenna wrote the text, Canon, which was famous for its philosophies and inspiring work. Al-Razi was a famous skilled doctor, surgeon, and writer. Alhazen was presumed to be the first scientist and inspired the scientific method. Rumi is a famous poet, which expressed his love of his faith. Avverroes worked to preserve the works of Aristotle. In Islamic architecture, it was very detailed in the inside and usually simple on the outside.
Islamic leaders followed the Qur'an, which told them not kill and value knowledge. With this knowledge the empire extended its reach by conquering lands but leaving the people alone and letting them believe their own religion. The Umayyad Caliphate extended Portugal and Spain to Afghanistan and Pakistan. The Seljuk Turks conquered Persia, Asia, and Africa.
Lands Justinian 1 conquered was Italy, Vandal Kingdom in Northern Africa, Sicily, Asia Minor, Balkans, and Egypt.
BY : Dayromi Velazquez
Muslims are monotheistic and Hindus are polytheistic. Hinduism also originated from India. Islam originated from Mecca.
3. Explain the relationship between Muslims and Hindus.
They all have the same patriarch, Abraham. All of those religions believe in one god and have a holy book. Islam has the Qur'an, Judaism has the Torah, and Christianity has the Bible. Jews, Christians, and Muslims believe in an afterlife, souls, and the Sabbath. Another common belief was that Moses was a prophet of God.
1. Compare the major beliefs and principles of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.