Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Seventh Amendment
Transcript of The Seventh Amendment
* Right to Jury by Trial
* Feltner vs Columbia Pictures
-Columbia sued Feltner after his stations continued to broadcast their programs
-Court said 7th Amendment does not provide a right to jury trial on statutory damages
Stanbrough v. Valle
Stanbrough filed a proof claim
-said 7th amendment entitled them to a jury trial
-Court said that the right to jury trial only applies in hearing that are legal in nature
The 7th amendment. (2008). Retrieved from http://www.revolutionary-war-and-beyond.com/7th-amendment.html
FELTNER v. COLUMBIA PICTURES TELEVISION, INC.(2012). Retrieved from http://www.oyez.org/cases/1990-1999/1997/1997_96_1768
Couture, W. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.businesslawgems.com/2012/03/26/there-is-no-7th-amendment-right-to-a-jury-trial-in-a-nondischargeability-proceeding/
*People protect themselves from unjust laws
*secure the line between judge and jury