Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Main Verbs and Helping Verbs
Transcript of Main Verbs and Helping Verbs
When the helping verb is am, is, are was, or were, the main verb ends in -ing.
I am watching. Bears are snoring.
When the helping verb is has, have, or had, the main verb often ends in -ed.
We have escaped. The bear has moved. The coyote is dreaming of a javelina dinner.
The javelinas could ignore the danger.
The coyote has chased two javelinas.
Their little houses have collapsed.
The coyote has destroyed them. What is the main verb?
What is the helping verb? The coyote _______ called to the javelinas.
The clever javelinas _______ not answered.
Now their enemy _______ used his magic.
The javelinas _______trapped the coyote.
The woman _______ gathered sticks.
The two brothers _______escaped into the desert.
Their sister _______completed her house. Fill in the blank. Use: has or have Use the verb shown and have, has, or had in a sentence of your own. frightened
howled Write the helping verb and
main verb in each sentence. The cocoa pods have ripened.
Papa has opened a coconut.
Mama has roasted the cocoa beans.
She and I have crushed the beans.