Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Handling and Restraint of Zoo Animals
Transcript of Handling and Restraint of Zoo Animals
Identify the 3 different types of restraint
Describe the 3 different types of restraint
Analyse the 3 different types of restraint
Anaesthetic concentration – 4.4mg/kg
Maximum dosage – 2000 mg
How much would we give the following animals:
This causes sleep, thus preventing pain and discomfort and allows medical procedures to be performed. The animal is unconscious
What do we remember?
Each of you will give me a factoid about restraint of an animal....
Think back to safe working practice
There are 3 different types of Restraint method
You are the keeper....
First aid situation
Examination after injury
Medicating / tagging / clipping
What must we ensure we take into account?
This numbs the central nervous system and makes the animal sleepy. The animal is still conscious.
Let's Play KAHOOT