Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Handling and Restraint of Zoo Animals
Transcript of Handling and Restraint of Zoo Animals
Identify the 3 different types of restraint
Describe the 3 different types of restraint
Analyse the 3 different types of restraint
Anaesthetic concentration – 4.4mg/kg
Maximum dosage – 2000 mg
How much would we give the following animals:
This causes sleep, thus preventing pain and discomfort and allows medical procedures to be performed. The animal is unconscious
What do we remember?
Each of you will give me a factoid about restraint of an animal....
Think back to safe working practice
There are 3 different types of Restraint method
You are the keeper....
First aid situation
Examination after injury
Medicating / tagging / clipping
What must we ensure we take into account?
This numbs the central nervous system and makes the animal sleepy. The animal is still conscious.
Let's Play KAHOOT