Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Nursing
• a University level education is required to obtain this career
Calculations & Examples
: A nurse must infuse 1000 mL of IV fluids over 8 hours. The tubing drip factor is 10 gtts/mL. How many gtts (drops) per minute will there be?
Benefits & Challenges
By: Carolina de Guzman
• completion of a college, university or other approved nurse program is required
• usually, a doctoral or masters degree in nursing is required to become clinical nurse specialists, clinical nurses, nursing consultants and nursing researchers.
• in order to specialize in a specific area of nursing, one must obtain additional academic training or experience.
Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
Prepare rooms, clean instruments, equipment, or supplies and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
• nurses are privileged with the ability to choose work schedules that also accommodate to their personal lives
You must be able to communicate critical information from the physician to the patient and the patient's family.
1000 mL X 10 gtt = 10,000 gtt = 20.8 gtt or 21 gtt
480 min mL 480 min min min
There will be 21 gtt/min.
F L E X I B I L I T Y
• a GPA between 2.0 and 3.25
• physician's offices
• correctional facility
• you have the power to choose where
you wish to contribute your work i.e hospitals, doctor's offices, or extended
• you get to meet and work with new people, relieve their stress and provide comfort as patients and their families may be going through a tough time.
• working on the job for a long period of time can be overwhelming both physically and mentally.
• patients and their families may lack understanding of any situation regarding the patient
• they may end up acting inappropriately towards the nurse.
As a nurse, it is essential that you adapt to the busy, continuously altering schedule to achieve success.
To excel in the nursing field, having a sharp and critical mind is crucial. The ability to make important decisions on the spot is necessary for a nurse.
I chose this career because I am the type of person that cares about helping others, so I found this career interesting and quite relatable. The duty of a nurse is to provide care and comfort, and I personally believe that nurses carry great responsibility and must be credited for their fine work as people who supply a good environment to heal and be cared for. Although the job may be tiring to the mind and body, it brings a warm feeling knowing that you are the reason why someones struggle is made a little bit easier.