Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Drums
important part of the drum kit.
The snare creates the sound and feel for the drum
beat and is often right in the middle of a layout. Hi-hats are made of two cymbals together.
They can be hit with sticks or operated using the
Hi-hats are often used to control tempo in a beat. Toms are used for a variety of reasons.
Mainly in drum solos, but also in a regular beat.
For example, Ginger Baker used toms a lot in
"Sunshine Of Your Love" by Cream. Cymbals come in a variety of types.
Common types include the Crash cymbal (named
due to the crashing sound it gives) and the Ride
cymbal (which is often used instead of hi-hats).
Less common types would be things like a China cymbal
or a Splash cymbal. The Bass drum is sometimes called the Kick drum.
It is operated using a foot pedal, and creates the
"heart beat" of the drumming.
Some drummers like to use one pedal, some prefer a double-pedal.