Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CMIN 101 (Fa '16) T15 - Express Grace under Pressure
Transcript of CMIN 101 (Fa '16) T15 - Express Grace under Pressure
Living by a Different Set of Motives and Standards
- read 2 Cor 1:1-12
When in your life have you especially needed God’s compassion and comfort? (vv. 1-7)
How does Paul describe the conditions he and Timothy faced in the province of Asia and the early effect this experience had on them? (v. 8)
What was the opportunity contained in these experiences? (vv. 9-11)
What do Paul and Timothy “boast” in? (v. 12)
"If our lives do not give testimony to the radical difference that knowing Christ makes, our evangelism will ultimately be ineffective and hollow." (Becky Pippert)
In which life situations did living by “worldly wisdom” and living “according to God’s grace” (v. 12) in the face of “great pressure” (v. 8) result in a very different conduct?
"The real substance isn’t seen until the moment of pressure. What comes out of them then is the very essence of grace." (Daniel Meyer)
- read John 1:14
When we look at the life of Jesus, where can we see this grace displayed?
What is so amazing about the grace of God?
- it’s unnatural - he forgave those who did evil to him
- it’s unconditional - no ifs
- it’s understanding
If we have experienced God’s grace, what should be the natural result in our lives?
- other people want to see God’s grace in our lives
If I were to express greater grace under pressure . . . . . . . . . . (in this area), others might notice that . . . . . . . . . . . .
Do we all receive God's grace although we disobey him?
Have you had a failure where you've seen God's grace exemplified?
What should you do when you feel like you shouldn't spread the gospel because you are unworthy or not good enough?
Who do you know that expresses grace under pressure?
What does grace mean when God's servants like Paul speaks while they are in chains and pains and how can we apply this to our life as we are not in the same situation?
- even under pressure Jesus focused on doing the work for which
he was sent (Mark 8:31-33)
- Luke 4:1-13
- met the disciples' foolishness with grace (Mark 10:35-40)
- Jesus expressed grace when life was hard (Matt 8:20)
- treat others like Jesus treated us
Why Christianity is Different