Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Matter All Around
Transcript of Matter All Around
In this project, First Grade Scientists explore the world of matter all around them! They investigate solids, liquids, and gases by making fun creations such as oobleck, play dough, chalk, goo, and bubbles! An optional extension is for them to
share their creations and knowledge with other kids by preparing a "Matter Activity Box" that is donated to children in need!
Matter All Around!
A Project for First Grade Scientists
* What is matter?
* How can we change matter?
* How can we use this knowledge
to help others?
* Different student-created activities:
play dough, goo, bubbles with wand, sidewalk chalk, and oobleck.
* Science Journal with students' written observations and reflections.
* A "Matter Activity Box" containing small packages of the above activities that is donated to children in need. (optional)
* know the 3 types of matter
* know how matter can be changed
* apply their knowledge of matter to create different activities
* observe and record their observations
* measure using tools: 1cup, ½ cup, teaspoon, tablespoon
* write and revise a friendly letter
* collaborate with peers to critique their work and create multiple drafts
* learn empathy for those in need