Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Earthquake Saftey
By Max Rolih and James Sass
Avoiding Earthquake Hazards
1. What information do scientists use to generate maps that show where earthquake damage is likely to occur?
Answer: They mainly follow highest expected shaking and following other faults.
2. Where is the risk of earthquake hazards greatest in California?
Answer: San Francisco, Sacramento, and San Joaquin Delta.
3. What are a few ways that describe how some structures are built to be earthquake proof?
Answer: They retro fit them; they also isolate bearings, and a fixed base.
Earthquakes can trigger landslides that damage roads, buildings, and other infrastructures.
Great earthquakes occurring anywhere in the Pacific Ocean may displace the ocean floor, generating tsunamis that could affect the California coast.
How to protect yourself before an earthquake.
Step 1. Identify potential hazards in your home and begin to fix them.
Step 2. Create a disaster-preparedness plan.
Step 3. Create disaster kits.
Step 4. Identify your building's potential weaknesses and begin to fix them.
After an earthquake
Step 6. after the quake, check for injuries and damage.
Step 7. When safe, continue to follow your disaster-preparedness plan.
Earthquakes in a urban areas are often followed by fires because gas lines break, electric shorts ignite also. Damage to water tanks and broken pipe lines limit the amount of water for firefighters.
How to protect yourself during a earthquake.
Step 1. protect yourself during an earthquake shaking.
After effects of earthquakes.
How we can help
Liquefaction is a phenomenon in which the strength and stiffness of a soil is reduced by earthquake shaking or other rapid loading.