Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Upwarped Mountains
This pressure gently uplifts a broad area of the crust, sometimes in the shape of a dome.
softer material on top may also be eroded or worn away by rivers or other flowing water.
The erosion leaves sharp peaks and ridges
great vertical displacement along a highangle fault.
Upwarped Mountains Examples of Upwarped Mountains in the U.S. Adirondack Mountains in northeast New York
Black Hills in western South Dakota and northeast Wyoming
Upwarped mountains are more rounded and show some features such as exfoliation.
Fun Facts! www.cliffsnotes.com Upwarped mountains are also called domed mountains because, erosion over time warpes them into the shape of a dome.