Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Cybernetic Controversy
Recursion in geometry
can look like this: recurring fractals!
"The difference between the pattern which shaped
and the pattern which shaped
" - Keeney, 1983
Pangora's Model of Artificial Intelligence
"I just can't believe all the things people say." - Prince
-- while an artificially intelligent system is open, with recursion and feedback, the system involves an inanimate object (a piece of yarn, a fractal) that does not allow for a higher-order circuitry to be engaged, or does it?
I could have
things I hadn't
thought of in
was the love
of my new
...and some other amazing minds!
Are we truly in "The Matrix"?
The "King" of Description
HAL was a computer, designed with artificial intelligence that eventually came "alive," frightening Stanley Kubrick's audiences in 1968!
What about HAL in 2001: Space Odyssey?
Different descriptions for
the same phenomena/thing.
"This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back. You take the
- the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the
- you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. " - Warner Brothers, 1999