Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cybernetic Controversy
Recursion in geometry
can look like this: recurring fractals!
"The difference between the pattern which shaped
and the pattern which shaped
" - Keeney, 1983
Pangora's Model of Artificial Intelligence
"I just can't believe all the things people say." - Prince
-- while an artificially intelligent system is open, with recursion and feedback, the system involves an inanimate object (a piece of yarn, a fractal) that does not allow for a higher-order circuitry to be engaged, or does it?
I could have
things I hadn't
thought of in
was the love
of my new
...and some other amazing minds!
Are we truly in "The Matrix"?
The "King" of Description
HAL was a computer, designed with artificial intelligence that eventually came "alive," frightening Stanley Kubrick's audiences in 1968!
What about HAL in 2001: Space Odyssey?
Different descriptions for
the same phenomena/thing.
"This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back. You take the
- the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the
- you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. " - Warner Brothers, 1999