Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Year 9 SEI
Transcript of Year 9 SEI
- Time taken for each tablet to dissolve.
- Brand of paracetamol tested.
Amount of liquid used,
size/shape of tablet used,
time placed inside beaker,
environment tested in,
type of capsule,
temperature of fluids,
temperature of paracetamols
Container tested in (size, shape, material)
I believe that they will all be fairly equal, however panadol opti-zorb will be the fastest at dissolving in the water/body, due to the added unique ingredient that is not present in the other brands.
Ingredients of each
Panadol OptiZorb - 500mg Paracetamol, Hydroxybenzoates
Hedanol - 500mg Paracetamol
Panadol - 500mg Paracetamol, Potassium Sorbate
Woolworths - 500mg Paracetamol
4 Brands I tested
Effectiveness of Different Brands of Paracetamols
many people are affected by the common cold. Most people turn to antibiotics/medicine to relieve its symptoms
The purpose of this experiment is to see which brand of paracetamol will be the fastest at providing pain relief/it’s use
I will be able to tell this because once a medication has entered/dissolved in the stomach, it will enter the bloodstream or continue through part of the digestive tract, followed by the bloodstream
Year 9 SEI
Panadol Opti Zorb
4 different brands of paracetamols - 3 tablets of each
4 glass beaker/containers
1. Gather materials, and put on safety equipment
2. Carefully pour 50ml of Water into a beaker.
3. Measure the temperature of the water
4.Ready your stopwatch and drop one paracetamol into the beaker while simultaneously starting the timer.
5. Stir it for 10 seconds slowly, then wait for the tablet to be completely dissolved.
6. As soon as the tablet is dissolved, stop the timer and record the time taken
7. Repeat steps 2-6 accurately until you have tested all 4 paracetamols 3 times. (3 repeats)
According to my results, the quickest brand to dissolve in water is
1. Panadol OptiZorb
3. regular Panadol
4. Woolworths homebrand.
Therefore, in conclusion Panadol OptiZorb’s promotion as ‘fast absorbing’ has been proven correct, as it dissolved faster than all 3 other brands. Subsequently confirming my hypothesis to be correct.
The Woolworths homebrand Paracetamol was the slowest at dissolving inside the body. I inferred that the results occurred this way due to the change in ingredients and the different shapes of each tablet.
I was interested to see if the “faster absorbing” panadol was actually faster than regular panadol.
My hypothesis was correct. I believe that this was the fastest due to it’s change in ingredients.
The Hedanol was second, this may be because of it’s change in shape - acting as a catalyst
Panadol OptiZorb - the fastest - was $4.20 beating Hedanol - 2nd - at $0.65 then Pandol at $3.50, then Woolworths at $0.70
shape of each tablet
the environment surrounding each test
the time placed in beaker/time stopwatch started
the pressure/speed of stirring