Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Recovering Frankenstein from Hollywood Films
Transcript of Recovering Frankenstein from Hollywood Films
in Hollywood Films
The Curse of Frankenstein
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
What visual elements contribute to the science fiction effect? How does Kenneth Branagh's V.F. compare to your reading of Mary Shelley's text?
"It's Alive" 1931
What does the creature look like? How would you describe V.F.? How do other characters react to t
Bride of Frankenstein
How might this version of Frankenstein influence readers of M.S.'s book, particularly V.F.'s decision not to make the creature a woman?
What comedic elements do you observe? How does a parody change readings of the original? What makes the creature sympathetic? What gives him humanity?
How does this clip articulate both the positive and negative uses of science?
1910 Edison Production of
*The Hollywood original that started filmic retellings...
How does the plot change in this version of
? What elements add to the