Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of 11 10/21
stop and jot
The underlying or hidden meaning behind a conversation
What's said without actually being said
Go to the back of the room and get your independent reading book
Take out your book log
Begin reading silently and independently
Wednesday, October 21st
Copy down the Lesson EQ
Respond to the following question in your notes
What are subs? How do you know when someone is throwing one?
Give an example
Based on its title, what do you think subtext means?
What is really being said in the examples below?
A boy to a girl:
Want to Netflix and chill?
A girl to her boyfriend:
I LOVE flowers!
A girl on a date:
I'm super tired
With a partner, come up with a brief scene in which one of you is interviewing the other for a job position at McDonald's
Interviewer: You really want to offer this person the job
Interviewee: You are trying to get the job so you can rob the store
Annotate the text
What do the characters' relationships and interactions suggest about the hidden meaning between their conversations
quote Explanation subtext