Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ACT on PNDA - Understanding the Depression Trap
Transcript of ACT on PNDA - Understanding the Depression Trap
* mindfulness in the present moment
* defusion of thoughts
* acceptance of emotions So What have you done so far to control your depression / anxiety? Depression / Anxiety Paradox
- how did we get here? Try to feel good Avoid painful experiences (internal & external) Ignore life results Feel more depressed
and/or anxious We engage in behaviour we believe will
help us feel better, and instead it makes
us feel worse! Depression / Anxiety Living life on autopilot Avoid solving emotionally loaded problems Fusion with rules that lead to rejection of unwanted thoughts, feelings, memories, images, and sensations Depression / Anxiety Living life on autopilot Avoid solving emotionally loaded problems Fusion with rules that lead to rejection of unwanted thoughts, feelings, memories, images, and sensations Mindful behaviour, chosen lifestyle Active, values-based problem solving Accepting stance toward unwanted private experiences