Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Seminar Presentation about Advertising
Transcript of Seminar Presentation about Advertising
which means "to sell" History of Advertising News Ads When society became more advanced and learned, ads began to develop as well. Soon printed ads began to appear. There were even local handbills. During the 17th century, ads began to appear in newspapers. Most of the early ads promoted books and medicine and it was not surprising that false advertising quickly caught on and created problems. Soon there were regulations in place for ads.
As advertising progressed it ventured into other forms. It appeared in other Medias besides the newspaper. Print mail became a popular method for advertising. The radio also started introducing ads. Progression Advertising dates back to very early civilizations. In fact, the Egyptians used papyrus for their sales messages and wall posters. We have found evidence of these forms of advertising today. In addition, it was discovered that commercial messages and political campaigns were used around the ruins of Pompeii and ancient Arabia. Both areas must have utilized these forms of advertising to convey specific messages. Also, much of the wall painting that is still around today can be described as advertising. These wall paintings are possibly the oldest forms of billboard advertising and the first type of advertising that was used among learned civilizations. Ancient Advertising During the Middle Ages, many of the people could not read or write. If a sign said a word, it would not effectively display a message because people could not understand it. This is where image advertising became very common. During this type images of specific trades began to be utilized to direct people to locations for services. For example, a store with fruits and vegetables would have a sign with a picture of fruits and vegetables. Often, the shop owners used street callers to announce their presence to the people on the street. It worked as a form of word of mouth advertising. Middle Ages RESEARCH OBECTIVES To study the brief history about Advertising Understanding the Effects of Advertising on Society (cc) image by nuonsolarteam on Flickr To study types of advertisements. To study the advantage and disadvantage of advertising. Types of Advertising In-store advertising
- In-store advertising is any advertisement placed in a retail store. It includes placement of a product in visible locations in a store, such as at eye level, at the ends of aisles and near checkout counters. Online advertising
-Online advertising is a form of promotion that uses the Internet and World Wide Web for the expressed purpose of delivering marketing messages to attract customers. Online ads are delivered by an ad server. Television advertising / Music in advertising
- The TV commercial is generally considered the most effective mass-market advertising format, as is reflected by the high prices TV networks charge for commercial airtime during popular TV events Infomercials- An infomercial is a long-format television commercial, typically five minutes or longer. The word "infomercial" is a portmanteau of the words "information" & "commercial". Radio advertising
- Radio advertising is a form of advertising via the medium of radio. Radio advertisements are broadcast as radio waves to the air from a transmitter to an antenna and a thus to a receiving device. Product placements
- Covert advertising, also known as guerrilla advertising, is when a product or brand is embedded in entertainment and media. Billboard advertising
- Billboards are large structures located in public places which display advertisements to passing pedestrians and motorists. Most often, they are located on main roads with a large amount of passing motor and pedestrian traffic. Mobile billboard advertising
- Mobile billboards are generally vehicle mounted billboards or digital screens. These can be on dedicated vehicles built solely for carrying advertisements along routes preselected by clients, they can also be specially equipped cargo trucks or, in some cases, large banners strewn from planes. Coffee cup advertising
- Coffee cup advertising is any advertisement placed upon a coffee cup that is distributed out of an office, café, or drive-through coffee shop. This form of advertising was first popularized in Australia, and has begun growing in popularity in the United States, India, and parts of the Middle East. Street advertising
- This type of advertising first came to prominence in the UK by Street Advertising Services to create outdoor advertising on street furniture and pavements. Working with products such as Reverse Graffiti, air dancer's and 3D pavement advertising, the media became an affordable and effective tool for getting brand messages out into public spaces. Sheltered Outdoor Advertising
- This type of advertising opens the possibility of combining outdoor with indoor advertisement by placing large mobile, structures (tents) in public places on temporary bases. Celebrity branding
- This type of advertising focuses upon using celebrity power, fame, money, popularity to gain recognition for their products and promote specific stores or products. Advantage Disadvantage Advantage and Disadvantage of Advertising Social media sites are great for building customer relationship and offers an incredible reach and the opportunity to connect with customers in an entirely new way.
Offers a wide reach, with its potential for viral marketing. Traffic generated can be extremely targeted.
Social media tools are relatively inexpensive. Targeting is so low because of the diversity and breadth of audiences, resulting in low ROI as visitors do not convert.
Visitors mainly go to social media sites to socialize, and are not interested in advertising. Traffic is typically in the learning stage of the buying process; hence it is more important to inform and teach than sell outright
Social media can be a hard branding tool for small businesses, and it is not easy to build awareness, create appeal and generate traffic The Effects of Advertising To a certain extent advertising has both positive and negative effects on society. Advertisements both promote prosperity and also is propaganda. People in society are influenced by most advertisements they see and either buy what they see or talk about what they saw to other people. Advertising has had a negative effect on us when we wasted our money on The Perfect Pull Up, the ads showed that they were specially designed exercises, but they weren't. Advertising can help to save lives, but can also create false images in a consumers mind, making them buy material things that aren't necessities to their life. Society is influenced y every ad that is shown and it helps and ruins society at the same time. Prepared by: Ms. Jacildo and Ms. Villaruel
Course&Year: ABMC - ADV 2