Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Tech. Lab Procedures
Transcript of Tech. Lab Procedures
High Tech Student
Welcome to Technology
1. You must be on time to class. If you are tardy you will lose points in your agenda.
2. You must come to class prepared - bring your agenda and a pencil.
3. No GUM, CANDY, FOOD or BEVERAGES will be allowed or consumed in the lab!
4. Use indoor voices to speak with your partner(s).
5. Do not DRAW, MARK or WRITE on the workstation furniture, screens, or anything else! The student(s) in the workstation must replace any item deliberately damaged. If something is not reported as missing you and your partner(s) will be held accountable for replacing it!
6. Please do not adjust or turn the computer monitors.
7. Do not sit on the workstation counter tops.
8. At the end of the period CLEAN UP after yourself. Each week one group will be "lab assistants". They will check each station and the equipment - make sure computers are logged off, chairs are pushed in properly, equipment is stored, etc. The lab assistants for the week will receive candy at the end of the class period.
Tech Lab Procedures
Computer Lab Rules
What are we going to do in 6th Grade: Exploring Engineering & Technology?
What are rules?
How do rules and procedures differ?
Turn & Talk:
Discuss with your neighbor rules that you think would be important to follow while in the computer lab and be
prepared to explain why.
6th & 7th Grade:
Quizzes 10 points
Design Challenges/Projects 15 - 25 points
Daily grades/worksheets 10 - 15 points
Teamwork/participation 5 points
What are we going to do in 7th grade: Invention and Innovation?
We will begin this course by examining important inventions and innovations throughout history. Next we will explore the engineering design process and apply it by solving STEM challenges. Then you will learn how to complete basic technical sketching and how to create 3D models in CAD. You will be challenged to invent or innovate a new technology and explore 3D printing.
• Verbal Warning
• Alternate written assignment
• Agenda Mark
• Parent contact
Loss of group privileges – work independently or be assigned a new group
• Agenda Mark
• Parent contact
• Office referral (74 Points in Agenda)
• Parent contact
* Bottled water must be kept on the shelves.
Fire Drill Procedures
Intruder & Tornado Procedures
BROADCAST/VIDEO SPECIFIC COURSE RULES:
o All project filming requires a pre-approved script and a signed pass from the video teacher.
o All portable equipment must be signed out before use.
o All students must wear the ID badge provided by the teacher.
o Your personal learning device is not to interfere with the classroom. Use is a privilege that must adhere to Cherokee Charter Academy's usage policy. If you violate the rules of the class or of CCA you will lose this privilege.
o No filming of any students without their permission.
o No physical stunts, vulgarity, references to drugs, sex, or violence.
o No simulations of weapons, profanity, smoking, drinking, drug use, or sexuality are allowed in school video.
o If rules are broken or the faculty complains about student behavior, then the student forfeits all filming privileges until further notice.
When "clean-up" is called:
1. Students will save their work and exit the program(s) they are using.
2. Students will log off of their computer.
3. Students will straighten the keyboard and mouse, put their work in the correct drawer, and push in their chairs, one by each set of drawers. Workstations will be checked before students are dismissed.
4. Students will return to the discussion area for a wrap up discussion.
5. The lab assistants will check the workstations and equipment storage area.
A High Tech Student group will be chosen in each class period every week (usually posted on Tuesdays).
These students will exemplify a good attitude, proper behavior, and a good work ethic.
They must also demonstrate a strong understanding of the subject matter.
The High Tech Students will receive candy at the end of the week and they will sit at the High Tech Student station on the wheeled chairs. :-)
* Note: The wheeled chairs must be used respectfully and correctly or the group will return to their regular work station.
This is a self-paced class where you and your partner(s) work together on lessons presented online using LearnMate. In these lessons students will read, watch videos, and work with computers and complete hands on experiments. Throughout the class you will apply what you have learned through hands-on projects that you will solve following the Engineering Design Process. Students will also build and test Lego Mechanisms utilizing the Lego Machines Kit. At the end of the course, you will complete a final project which will incorporate what you have learned about simple machines and the engineering design process.
What are we going to do in 8th grade: Technological Systems?
1. When you enter the lab be seated quietly in the discussion area. After we have taken roll, and discussed the day's warm up and assignment, you or your partner will gather your group's materials and move to your workstation. You may begin work as soon as your partner arrives.
2. Each day you are required to follow the directions and complete the daily tasks assigned.
3. Do not leave your work area unless you have permission from the instructor.
4. If you need a restroom break your agenda must be signed by the instructor.
5. If you need the instructor's attention you will need to raise your hand. I will get to you as soon as possible, while you wait try to solve your problem with your partner.
Check Points 10 points
Teamwork 5 points
Activity Logs 15 points
Challenges 25 points
Daily work 10 points
Quizzes 10 - 15 points
In this course you will learn about various systems and how they work . You will also examine the universal systems model. You will identify the steps of the EDP and apply it to solve challenges. You will learning about how 3D printing works and how it is used. Then you will learn how to design a model in CAD software and then print it on the 3D printer.
Next, you will explore robotics and programming and follow guided lessons to build and program the LEGO robot. After you learn the basics, you will solve various challenges including: programming the robot to navigate a maze and building and programming the robot to compete in the Sumo Bot Challenge.
Class Agenda Board
How do you use technology?
20 m Prezi/Course Intro.
20 m Class room Scavenger
10 m Review Scavenger Hunt
Things created by humans that
make life easier or solve a problem
Universal Systems Model
Definition of system
A system is a group of
parts working together
to accomplish a task
Systems can be human
made or natural
Types of Systems
Parts of the Universal Systems Model
What is the engineering design process? (EDP)
The EDP is a series of steps that we follow to help us solve a problem.
You will follow this
process to solve
* Communicate throughout the process
Today you will work with your group to research two Universal Systems Models.
You will create a chart to organize your research.
If time remains, you will begin creating a poster to share your information.
You may present your findings to the class.
Today you will complete an EDP word list. You will brainstorm 50 words related to the Engineering Design process.
Then you will create an EDP Word Cloud on Wordle.
If time remains, you will begin the Tower Research flip book.
Today you will create an EDP poster.
Classroom Scavenger Hunt
: Work by yourself or pair up with a partner to locate the items/places listed on the classroom scavenger hunt and answer the corresponding questions.
Return to the discussion area when your scavenger hunt is completed.
What is Technology?
Time to take the PreTest.
What is your definition of system?
What is the engineering design process?
Who uses it?