Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ethos, Pathos, and Logos in Advertising
Transcript of Ethos, Pathos, and Logos in Advertising
Review: What are the rhetorical appeals?
Video: Persuasive Techniques in Advertising
: Appeal to ethics or credibility of the speaker
: Appeal to emotions of the audience
: Appeal using logic and/or reasoning
1) What do advertisers try to do when they use pathos?
2) What is the most common use of pathos?
3) ____ ____, ____ ____, & ____ ____ are all types of ethos in advertising.
4) Voice overs in ads giving practical information about health benefits is what type of appeal?
1) Advertisers try to
2) The most common use of pathos is
the promise of being attractive to the opposite sex.
are all types of ethos in advertising.
4) Voice overs in ads giving practical information about health benefits is an appeal using
Ethos, Pathos, & Logos in Advertising
What kinds of appeals do these examples use?
the celebrity endorsement
Use the video to complete the video questions handout.
Three rhetorical appeals: ethos (credibility), logos (logic), and pathos (emotion).
Advertisers often use more than one of the rhetorical appeals to persuade their audience to buy a product, use a service, or support their cause.
: As you are watching commercials over the next few days, try and figure out the main appeal the advertiser is using to convince their audience and evaluate their effectiveness. What types of appeals are you noticing the most? On what TV stations?