Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of VERBALS
*Go to www.prezi.com and click on the “Sign up” button (make sure to choose the package that’s free).
*Fill in the information need and click “Sign up”.
*Once it’s all loaded, click on “New Prezi”.
*Give your prezi a title and a description about it. After that, you have to pick what theme you want your prezi to be.
*Once that loads, if you look in the top left corner, you will see a large circle with smaller circles attached to it. That is you so-called toolbox.
*If you double click anywhere a text box will appear. This is where you would type your information. You can have multiple text boxes open and use them for different purposes.
*You can add links, videos, and images if you wish.
*Just keep going until you are done and satisfied with your end product. Verbals
^^verbals are nouns used as verbs^^
Gerunds act as a noun that always ends in –ing.
*Kameron goes running every morning to stay in shape.
*Sally is swimming in the lake.
*Carter went climbing last week.
Participles are part of the noun and are used to describe a noun. They end in –ing or –ed and express actions or a state of being.
*The freezing man waited days for someone to rescue him.
*The galloping horse raced across the meadow.
*The sneezing girl had to go to the doctor to see what was wrong.
^^to + a verb^^
Infinitives function as nouns, adjectives, and adverbs and are usually following the noun or pronoun in the sentence.
*I want to swim in the lake, but it’s to cold.
*I need to leave before I get sick.
*I need to eat quickly so I can get back to my work. Verbals Quiz
Directions: Tell weather the sentence has a gerund, participle, or infinitive in it.
1. Sally went jogging around the mall to stay in air conditioning.
2. I want to be a professional soccer player when I grow up.
3. The burning fire lasted for nine days.
4.Kameron went camping for a long weekend.
Directions: Match the correct term with the correct sayings.
Directions: Choose the best answer choice to complete the question.
9. All of the following are examples of participles but…
A) running water B) sneezing panda
C) bucking horse D) went running
10. What do “to swim”, “to leave”, and “to drink” have in common?
A) they are verbs B) they are participles
C) they are infinitives D) they are nouns Answer Key
10. C THE END(: Sara Larsen