Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CHRY ADS COORDINATOR Prezi
Transcript of CHRY ADS COORDINATOR Prezi
Advertising Trafficking Coordinator Responsibilities Include:
Social Media "Logging" How to Start Simian INPUTTING LOGS NATURALOG & ADDING CLIENTS/
CREATING CONTRACTS SOCIAL MEDIA "LOGGING" Simian is the program you will be using to schedule the ads into the templates. Let's begin! 1. Start up the computer. Open the folder "Shortcut to logs" located on the Desktop and when prompted, type in the username: showtime and password: chry1055.
2. Open up Simian by double clicking on any of the log files found in the folder.
3. Make a new file by going under the File Menu and selecting Open file. There, a window will pop up with previously made files. Depending on which day you will be working on, open up that blank template for that day i.e. "__Wednesdaytemplate.bsi"
4. SAVE THE FILE once you have the template open. Make sure to SaveAs in order to give it the new name i.e. Wed040512.
5. Make sure to save it the same way as the other files. It follows the format of the first three letters of the weekday with the first letter capitalized (Wed), followed by the month, day, and year (040512). 1. In order to find the files to be placed into Simian, go to the bottom right corner of the Simian window and open the "Event Builder" tab. There, you can search for audio files (using the Binoculars icon) and make sure to listen to the audio file to confirm its the right one that needs to be placed.
2. When the time comes to slot in the right audio files, make sure the file is highlighted, move the cursor to the area where it says "left click to drag and right click to replace". If you want to just add a file, click and hold the left button to drag the file to where it needs to go. Right click and drag to REPLACE a file (instead of highlighting a file in the log and then deleting it).
3. Starting from 00:00 AM on Simian, every half hour segment follows an order: timer, ads, and program ids. Every Timer will show as being five minutes after the half hour segment in question i.e. for midnight (or 00:00) the time will show as 00:05. This timer segment is used to indicate to the on-air programmers that commercials should be playing 10 minutes after the time appears. That s, it is a counter to tell them to play ads on time, either 15 minutes before or after the hour. In this case, the timer starts at 00:05 so that programmers know to play ads at 00:15. Once the file has been made, you can start inputting ads and other files into the logs as long as you FOLLOW THE LOG SHEETS. 4. We have to make sure that all timers are correct. A timer will always have the "@" symbol beside it.
5. ADs and PSAs are the next segment to input. If we want to put the 12:15 AM ads in, we have to go to the “00:05” timer and input the ads DIRECTLY BELOW. Remember, the timer is there to signify to the programmer that they are to play the ads, in this example, at 12:15, so anything AFTER the 00:05 timer is what will be playing at 12:15AM.
6. When inputting this segment, the very first file you put in (either psas, co-spons, ads, etc) must be put in as MANUAL. You know it is a manual file when no symbol is beside when you input it in.
7. All subsequent files are then inputted properly, but they are slotted in as AUTOMATIC, that is with the “+” symbol. What this does is that a programmer will MANUALLY play the first ad (when a song finishes are when they need a break) and they won’t have to manually play the other ads that follow in that segment because they are inputted as automatic. 8. As a general rule of thumb, try to place any PSAs in between ads. If there is room, place show promos at the end of the ad segment. Try to keep ad segments at 2 minutes or less. If there are too many ads in one segment (and it adds up to more than 2min30sec), talk to the AD Sales Coordinator.
9. Finally, make sure that the right SHOW IDS are where they should be. They are the very last thing to play in an ad segment, and they are usually 10 seconds long, promoting the current program that is playing on-air. These should not be changed unless told by the Ad Sales Coordinator or Program Coordinator.
10.Take your time, make sure all ads are correctly placed in their designated program slots; people pay for their ads to play in specific shows, and if they hear them play in the wrong show or they don’t play at all, there will be trouble. HOW TO CREATE A KART When clients require or desire to have more than one ad play, we create a KART (.krt) where all ads can be placed in one file and essentially, alternate the ads where ever played in the shows. 1.Open up Event Builder
2.Click on the Kart icon (looks like white film roll). A new window will open up with nothing inside.
3.Using the search tool, find the necessary audio files to be placed in the kart.
4.Drag and drop them into the Kart window. Make sure they are all set to MANUAL.
5.Go to Properties and select Randomize.
6.Save the Kart with the new name, making sure the file ends with .krt.
7.You can now drag and drop the kart file into Simian without having to manually randomize a set of similar ads. How to Start Naturalog 1. Naturalog is accessible on the Ad Coordinator's computer. You wil need to start up the computer. To log on as the advertising coordinator, choose that user name and type in the password: "camillie2".
2. When Windows has started, open up Naturalog. It will prompt you to back-up files; do so. Before building logs and scheduling ads, the trafficking assistant must add the client’s contract to the system. This contract explains the client’s name, billing information, the product advertised, what type of Ad package they bought, which shows they would like their product advertised in, and so on. These contracts can either be found in a hard copy version on Melissa’s desk or from Melissa herself or a digital copy on the CHRY ZORN network under the Advertising folderAd Contracts Contracts new folder. 1.Once Naturalog is open, click on the Accounts Receivable Tab and select “Customer Account Browser”.
2.If the client has advertised with CHRY before, it should be listed. If not, on the top left hand corner, click on the “New” button and add the client.
3.A window will pop up asking you to fill in the client’s information under a tab called “Customer Data”. Under “Sponsor” type in the client’s name (company, etc). Under Contact, type in the contact listed on the Contract. Continue to add corresponding information such as the address, postal code, etc.
4.Then click on the tab at the top called “Orders”, next to Customer Data. 5.Click on the button called “New Order”.
6.A window will pop up, the first tab called “General Order Instructions” asking you to fill in information for the actual ad. Under “Run Dates”, pick the dates as to when the ad is supposed to begin and end as indicated on the contract. Beside “Product Advertised”, type in all caps, the name of the advertisement. It is important this name match the name in Simian so that when it comes to scheduling the ads, the corresponding name matches.
7.Then click on the tab called “Schedule” and click on the button “Add Order Line”.
8.In this new window, change the “Date Range” dates to the ones you entered in step 6. We now have an official steady stream of tweets going out (Twitter/Facebook) and it requires a certain constant logger to get those tweets out. Occasionally you will have to produce manual tweets catering to a special broadcast or event, however, the main task at hand is to schedule tweets for all shows on air. At CHRY, we use a tool called Hoot Suite to be able to mass upload tweets and automatically schedule them for a later date and time. Here’s how it’s done. 1.Log onto hootsuite.com, username: firstname.lastname@example.org, password: chrwhy
2.Get to know the program a little bit, take a look at the different streams on the tabs at the top, and play around with the icons on the left and get to know their different functions.
3.The icon that looks like a paper plane and when hovered over, will say Publisher is the one you want. So click on it. 4.Then click on “Schedule In Bulk”.
5.This box will say upload an Excel file and save as a .csv extension. You have or will be given the templates, which consist of all tweets for every show, separated by day of the week. To mass upload from the template, you have to save the tweets day by day. For example, copy and paste all of Monday’s tweets into a new file as is, leaving a column for date and time at the beginning. Under the column intended for date and time, simply add the date of the day these tweets should go out and then each of the matching times for the shows in a mm/dd/yy hh:min format so Monday April 15th and for the Toronto Morning Live show would look like this: 04/15/2013 06:55. If there is any confusion with this step, on Hoot Suite there is an option for “Download Sample .csv” to clarify formatting. 6. NOTE: the timers for the tweets are to go out five min before the show to remind listeners to tune into. Timers are added into the templates, however, the dates change and must be put in manually. 7.When you have finished adding the date in the entire column in the proper format, save the Excel file as .csv extension.
8.Then go back to the gray box in Hoot Suite, and click on “Choose File” and pick the file you just saved wherever on your computer. 9.Then you will see a box beside a Submit button, where two icons represent the different streams are (the purple egg is the CHRY Volunteer stream and the CHRY logo is the regular radio stream). To remove a stream, especially if the tweets do not cater to it, click on the icon to remove it.
10.Then click on the Submit button to continue uploading the excel file.
11.If successful, a green message will appear saying, “Messages successfully uploaded”. If not successful, a message in red will appear asking to fix some mistakes in which case you go back to your Excel file, make the changes Hoot Suite requires, save and upload again. 9. When done, click SAVE. For every time range indicated on the contract, a new order line is created and the steps are repeated.
10. Then close all windows and now its time to create logs. 1. Once Naturalog is open, click the Logs tab.
2. A window will pop up where you can choose a previous log session. Click on the button titled Next Log. 3. A new log will generate with the new date. The top half of the screen is the log itself, and the bottom half of the screen named “Bumped errors” contains ad files that need to be placed in their designated program slots. The bottom half of the screen is divided into the name of the ad on one side, and the time/program name it needs to be slotted into. 4. Click and drag the files from the bottom half of the screen to the top half of the screen and drop them into their designated ad slot. There is only a limited space for ads to play in each slot, so you may need to move around (click and drag) other ads to make room for all the ads to play in that program slot. 5. If more of the same ad is needed but there are not enough of the same file, simply copy and paste that file to where it needs to go. 6. DO NOT MOVE any of the ROLL CALL files, CHRY Show Promotional, these are permanent on the log templates and will appear in the same pattern when you go to schedule using Simian. Naturalog and Creating Logs 1.Once Naturalog is open, click on the Report tab.
2.Scroll down to Log Reports and click on the “Log Detail Report” Option.
3.On the left hand side, you will see a window called Report Settings/Filters listing various tabs and options.
4.Under the General tab, make sure Report Type is set to “Log-Detail”, and further down, pick the start and end dates of the ad you are looking for.
5.Under the AccRep tab, deselect all options by clicking None and then check off the box that the ad you are looking for belongs to.
6.Under the Custmrs tab, click on None to deselect all options, then look for the client name that the ad belongs to and check it off.
7.When done all steps, click on the pink button at the bottom entitled “Get Report” to see a detailed log proof of performance report.
8.Proceed to Print and select “CuePDF Writer”, where you will be asked to Save as the report and save it under Documents as the title of the ad and then report e.g. “Belleenys Log Detail Report” Naturalog Specifics: Sometimes a client will ask to see a “proof of performance”, a detailed log report of the times and days-frequency – of their ad playing on the air. Simply follow the following steps and Naturalog will generate a proof of performance sheet ready to print.