Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Vocabulary - Colonial America
Transcript of Vocabulary - Colonial America
holder the right to organize settlements in an area Joint Stock company A company in which
investors buy stock in
the company in return for
a share of its future profits Burgesses An elected representative
to an assembly Separatists Protestants who, during the
1600's, wanted to leave the
Anglican Church in order to
found their own churches Proprietary Colony A Colony run by individuals or groups to whom the land was granted Indentured Servant A Laborer who agreed to
work without pay for a
certain period of time in
exchange for passage to
America, food, or clothing Constitution A formal plan of government Subsistence
Farming Farming in which only
enough food to feed
one's family is produced