Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Is The Language Of Today's Music No Longer Appropriate?
Transcript of Is The Language Of Today's Music No Longer Appropriate?
Micheal Jackson's Thriller is the biggest selling album of all time? People wonder why can't nowadays music make the same fortune as before .. Yet, there was absolutely no swear word in any of his songs. Well, here is an obvious reason.. Singers abuse the number of swear words in their songs . Compare these two songs : 2006 1983 "You Better Run, You Better Do What You Can
Don't Wanna See No Blood, Don't Be A Macho Man
You Wanna Be Tough, Better Do What You Can
So Beat It, But You Wanna Be Bad" "It's Funny How A Man Only Thinks About The ****
You Got A Real Big Heart, But I'm Looking At Your ****
You Got Real Big Brains, But I'm Looking At Your ****
Girl, There Ain't No Pain In Me Looking At Your ****" Teenagers listen to an average of nearly 2.5 hours of music per day That can most probably influence them if they're listening to inappropriate music. In the olden times, music had messages and were meaningful.
More than that, they weren't auto-tuned and had different types of real instruments playing. Therefore, they would not all sound the same. Take this for an example : This entire song transmits a strong message about racism carrying a completely natural beat. Here is a statement from an article proving the fact that today's music is no longer appropriate : "Music is also a way for people to express themselves and share ideas, whether through poetic lyrics or throbbing anthems. But today, artists are not known for their music, but for how extravagant their outfits are and how many times their wealthy relatives can get them out of jail. And thus music is lost."
- Emerson Media Singing and music have always played an important role in learning and the communication of culture. Children learn from the role models what they see and hear. Examples of real experiences You Don't See It, But It's There,
Slowly Killing You.. These were some statements from people who think the negativity in songs is inappropriate. Thank You.